Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Karin Slaughter's newletter....

(I love this author, and as you read, many of you will understand why, this is an excerpt from her newsletter)



Hi-ho, Hi-ho, it’s off to tour I go………I know many of you have heard me beg before and it will come as no surprise to long-time receivers of the Karin Slaughter Newsletter (hey-hey-hey!) that I am again putting myself at your mercy, but, seriously...Y'all come see me.



I mean, how hard is it to get into your car and drive to the bookstore to give me a shout out? Not as hard as getting on a plane, which requires taking off your shoes, showing your ID, letting some husky lady with a mustache pat you down...all so you can climb aboard a thin metal tube that is propelled by squirrel monkeys on a spinning wheel into the thin blue sky and I am not a physicist, but I am pretty sure if more than 2.9 people on board the plane figure out that there is no mathematical explanation for why said metal tube is able to fly in the air that airflight as we know it will cease to exist and we will all plummet from the sky in a fiery ball of jet fuel and I will be screaming the entire time, "OH, THE HUMANITY!!! WHY DID I BOTHER TO BRUSH MY HAIR?!?!"

But I take this risk for you because I care. And because my publisher has agreed to upgrade me to first class on some of the flights and I like watching all those people making their way back to coach and giving me the evil eye as I drink my pre-flight cocktail.

(Please read Karin Slaughter’s latest book “Undone”, I finished it in 3 days...i will write a complete review of the book soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment