Sunday, August 29, 2010

P.C. Cast-- books. 1-7 (House of Night series)

synopsis:
House of Night is a thrillingly engaging book series that follows 16-year-old Zoey Redbird, who gets “Marked” by a vampyre tracker and begins to undergo the “Change” into an actual vampyre. She has to leave her family in Tulsa and move into the House of Night, a boarding school for other fledglings like her.

It’s within the school’s walls that the heart of the action takes place as Zoey meets new friends, finds love, comes to terms with how her life will be different now and begins to realize her awesome new powers.

Here’s the deal though: Yes, Zoey’s a vampyre now. But she’s still a teenager – with all the humor, angst and confusing feelings any other teenager has....

***** (5 stars)
1. Marked
2. Betrayed
3. Chosen
4. Untamed
5. Hunted
6. Tempted
7. Burned

I picked up the first book "Marked" back in January. And i really like it so i started getting all the other books in the series. They sat quietly on my desk for several months until I sat down one Sunday and started the second book. I couldn't stop. I was very glad I had already gotten the rest of the series, because i was completely hooked! YES, it is the vampyre version of Harry Potter. YES, its full of teen angst. YES, the language is at times silly. YES, there is lots of teenage bickering and banter (which I find hilarious!) What I love about this series is that it never slows down. It's never boring to me. I love all the characters and find myself hoping for their happy ending. But nothing ever goes easily in Zoey's world and there is lots of pain and drama and even death. If you are looking for a series to read that will entertain your inner teenager for a while, give it a chance. I am glad I did! Now I'll be waiting for the post office to bring me the next book i have already placed on pre-order.

No comments:

Post a Comment