Thursday, March 22, 2012

Kristen Ashley--Rock Chick Renegade (Rock Chick #4)

Romantic suspense

Jules has got a score to settle against the drug dealers of Denver. Vance has made it his mission that Jules won’t get dead while dishing out vigilante justice. Jules doesn’t have time for romance, she’s too busy saving the world and she enlists Zip (the gunstore owner), Heavy (an ex-PI) and Frank (a mysterious recluse) to help.

The Rock Chicks of Fortnum’s Bookstore get involved to provide romantic advice and guidance, none of which Jules accepts at first. The Hot Bunch of Nightingale Investigations adopt Jules as one of their own. Even though Jules tries to hang on to her inner Head Crackin’ Mamma Jamma, the Rock Chicks; Hot Bunch; Jules’s long-suffering Uncle Nick; Jules’s friend the rotund, African-American, Jackie-O wannabe, May; and especially Vance will stop at nothing to wear her down.

But Jules makes some bad guys pretty angry and one is dedicated to taking her out. Vance and the Hot Bunch have to pull out all the stops to keep her alive. At the same time, Jules and Vance learn the true meaning of home but once they find this precious entity they’ve been searching for all their lives, will Jules’s enemies tear it away?

{3 stars}
Well......I am sure I am in the minority on this one, but I was rather disappointed. Maybe I just had to many expectations, Vance was such a kick-ass action character in the first three and I was looking forward to the same level of intensity. The opening scene looked very promising, but the action that followed was not up to the previous books and we spent just a little time in "action" mode with Jules. Most of the book was spent listening to Jules' anxiety attacks, and her breaking up with Vance over and over. The Rock Chick gang was mostly MIA, I didn't get my Fortnum's fix but once, and Vance was not what I was expecting. He was to......subdued....best way I can describe it. Luke seemed to play more of a leading role than Vance and I often thought she would be a better fit with him. But that was not the plan. Now, even thought I didn't "click" with this one, I still couldn't put it down, and I will keep reading the series. Because, lets face it, the Nightingale Boys are just to HOT to put down.

No comments:

Post a Comment