Saturday, April 13, 2013

Kristina Douglas--Rebel (The Fallen #4)

Paranormal Romance

A rebel angel who lives outside the world of the Fallen, Cain makes his own rules. Now he’s returned to make trouble, and he sets his sights on the unreliably psychic Martha. She has no interest in getting romantically involved with Cain, especially when she can tell he has ulterior motives. But when a mysterious figure tries to kill Martha, she and Cain must work together to uncover the villain. The heat between Martha and Cain grows undeniable, even as chaos and disaster threaten the very existence of the Fallen.

{3 stars}
This series started out great, but I have to say as much as I liked Cain, this installment didn't thrill me. It barely moves the series along, and I just couldn't connect with Martha. She was too mousy for my taste, such a polar opposite from Cain. Cain was wounded emotionally when Uriel murdered his wife and child and has never recovered. But somehow Cain finds he can not live without Martha. Their relationship seemed too easy and too impossible to be true. And honestly, it just felt like this was a "bridge" book as we move towards the search for Lucifer. I may have not been in love with this particular book, but I do really love this series for its unique storyline. I have never found another Fallen Angel series quite like this one, it really takes them out of the Heavens and shows their humanity. Looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment