Thursday, May 2, 2013

Katy Evans-Real (Real, Raw & Ripped #1)

Contemporary Adult Romance

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

{5 stars}

I picked up this book solely on the reviews of my Goodreads friends, and was not disappointed.

Wow....not much more to say than that. It's really hard to put into words how much I liked this story without giving anything away. They are both damaged, Brooke's dreams for her life were shattered, and she has finally found a way to move forward with a new passion. Remy was broken at an early age and has never had anyone care enough to try and reach him. There are only 3 people in his life who don't want him solely for his fame in the ring and the money that comes from it. But he sees Brooke at a match and it's instant. He wants her. But can she handle who he really is? Remy scares her, but draws her in all at the same time. He is a wounded Lion with scars and thorns who needs someone to anchor and free him. Someone who will love only him, for who he really is, not his fame or money. And who can accept the damage that haunts him.

It was an emotional ride, we spend a great deal of time in Brooke's head, hearing mostly her dialogue. Remy isn't a great communicator. But as you will see he communicates in subtle ways that just pull at your heart. The second half of this book pulled at me so much I stayed up really late to finish it (while crying), and got up and reread the ending and epilogue this morning. Loved it! Can't wait to see what their future brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment