Saturday, July 13, 2013

Jasinda Wilder--Falling Into You (Falling #1)

Adult Contemporary Romance



I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go.


{5 stars}
Nothing in this synopsis prepares you for this story......

It's beginning is beautiful in its simplicity of first loves. But the tragedy of Kyle's death is painful to read, its heart wrenching, and exhausting. It sucks Nell into a void where she keeps all the pain inside so she doesn't break, she doesn't let herself grieve, or cry. She moves forward with no emotion. She sees Colton at the funeral and they have a brief impact on each other, two very damaged souls in need of something worth living for. A few years later she sees him again, playing guitar in the park and they begin the process of moving forward from their tragedies. Lots of baggage to unload, lots of tears and emotions to release. It was amazing....

This story does jump forward a few times, and we change point of view between Colton and Nell, which all works really well so we can see both sides. I was captivated from the beginning, couldn't look away, cried a little, and held on for the emotional ride they took me on. It is not a hearts and flowers romance (not after Kyle's death), it was raw, emotional, and beautiful. The connection that is made thru their music was great, and now I have an all new playlist to download.

No comments:

Post a Comment