Saturday, November 16, 2013

C. M. Stunich--Tough Luck (Hard Rock Roots #3)

Adult Romance 18+

But I wish he wasn't.

I didn't sign up for this destruction, this pain.

In his music, I hear his soul crying out for me.

If I could, I'd run away from here and never look back because to tell you the truth, I'm terrified. There are forces weighing in on me that even I don't understand. I'm scared. Things are dangerous. This could get real ugly, real fast.

*****

Lola Saints is a godsend.

But I wish she wasn't.

I don't know sh*t about her, but already, I'm hooked.

When she plays, I can almost imagine the ghosts of the dead are calling out to me.

If I could, I'd shed my soul and leave the pain of the past behind me. But I can't. I have to figure out if there's a way to fall in love anew and respect the old. But something else is going on, something weird. Something that tells me my tough luck might just run out real fast.


{4 stars}   **spoiler alert**

I have to say that for the first half of the book I really didn't care for Lola. Not just because she was on the wrong side of this completely screwed up situation, but I just didn't get her. I couldn't "click" with her Australian "slang" and her slightly obnoxious behavior. But somewhere in the middle I changed my mind, she became something more integral to the story. Ronnie has been mourning his girlfriend for far to long, so he has done nothing but party and screw his way thru dozens of groupies along the way (he's got 4 kids). That is until he meets Lola, somehow she plugs him back into life. And when all hell starts breaking loose, she is still there by his side.

This is not your typical romance series/story. It is a mind f*ck mystery, with murder and chaos. It's a puzzle that needs to be solved. It just so happens it surrounds a dozen people, two bands, and a rock tour. And Stunich has a spectacular way of leaving us hanging with nail biting cliff hangers! Ugh! But I'm not reading this series looking for the typical HEA. I'm reading it because I am intrigued, hooked like a junkie, and MUST know why this is all happening. Who is Tyler? Why is he doing this? I need to know, and if I get a couple of HEA's from my favorite couples, then even better. This series is harsh, gritty, raw, and magnetic. There are no candle light dinners, no hand holding romance. Just raw passion, sex, drugs, and rock n roll! It's a wild ride, and I am really loving this series.




















No comments:

Post a Comment