Sunday, March 6, 2011

Patricia Briggs--River Marked (Mercy Thompson novel)

Car mechanic Mercy Thompson has always known there was something different about her, and not just the way she can make a VW engine sit up and beg. Mercy is a shapeshifter, a talent she inherited from her long-gone father. She’s never known any others of her kind. Until now. — An evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River -- one t... more »hat her father’s people may know something about. And to have any hope of surviving, Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, will need their help.


***** (5 stars)
I have missed Mercy! And as usual she has gotten herself into another fight to the death. Adam and Mercy head off for their honeymoon (finally, than god!) and land right back into the middle of a supernatural drama. This book takes a different route through the supernatural world than the previous ones. This brings you closer to Mercy's true roots in American Indian culture, and is just as fascinating. I don't want to give to many details away, but this is a page turning obsession. I read it in one afternoon, barely putting it down. It does leave most of "the pack" behind and focuses on Mercy and Adam. They are just about my most favorite couple, I can't get enough of them. And the sense of humor Briggs writes with leaves me laughing out loud. What will Mercy get herself into next? This books ending is a little abrupt and doesn't leave us with any hints as to the next one. But I will have it on pre-order as soon as I can order it. For anyone who has not read this series, start at the beginning. Don't let the cover fool you, Mercy is a great character as are all the others Briggs brings to this series. I love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment