Saturday, May 21, 2011

Charlaine Harris--Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse Novel)

With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. But Sookie suspects otherwise, and she and Sam work together to uncover the culprit -- and the twisted motive for the attack.

Her attention is divided. Though she can't "read" vampires, Sookie knows her lover, Eric Northman, and his "child" Pam well -- and she realizes they are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master.  Gradually, she is drawn into the plot -- which is much more complicated than she knows...


{3 stars}
I was hoping for something "more" from this book. The last book was boring and forgettable. So I was looking for a more captivating plot, sadly that wasn't the case. The book is better than the last, but really, how much trouble can one girl live with? Does it ever end? It didn't capture my attention until the second half of the book, and it was easy to put down until the last quarter. It seems Sookie just can't catch a break, in life, in love, or family. Nothing seems to go her way except survival.  Even though I love Sookie and Eric, maybe Sookie should try dating a human for a change. Throw a few new characters in, and this book is much the same as the last few and  leaves me questioning how much longer this series has life. Harris has lost some of her "spark" with this one, maybe the TV series is taking her attention. I just don't know, but I don't think I will waste the effort pre-ording this series anymore, I'll just wait for it to be swapped from my wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment