Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cynthia Eden--Eternal Hunter (Night Watch series)

Animal attraction doesn't get wilder than this... — Assistant DA Erin Jerome has a secret. Make that two. One: She’s not entirely human -- she's Other, desperately trying to keep her supernatural strength under wraps. Two: she's got a killer stalking her -- an Other rogue set on “gifting” her bloody corpses, not to mention nights lying awake in terror. Small wonder she's been having bad luck with men.

But the bounty hunter on her new case isn't worried about any of that. Jude Donovan is a shapeshifter himself, and the new DA’s midnight hair and addictive scent tell him all he thinks he needs to know: She's gorgeous, she's definitely not human, and she's bringing out the animal in him in a really good way. He might have to track a psychotic Other stalker through half of Louisiana. But he might also get the chance to watch Erin's wild side come out and play.


{3.5 stars}
I know, I'm probably in the minority on this one. But this book didn't hook me from the beginning like everyone else. But because of the great reviews, I kept picking it back up. The story line just didn't grab me at first, and I found Erin a little annoying. But Jude, whew, HOT! I am really glad I did keep reading because half way through the story I was hooked. I couldn't wait to find out who the stalker was, and how everything would turn out for Erin and Jude. This was not the typical kind of story that I usually read, but I enjoyed the action and I will keep reading the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment