Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rob Blackwell--A Soul to Steal

Paranormal Thriller

You Are What You Fear

Something is stalking the citizens of Loudoun County, Va.

Is it the return of the notorious serial killer known as Lord Halloween? Or is it something worse—a figure that can cloak itself as your worst nightmare?

Kate and Quinn, two community journalists, rush to uncover the truth before a promised bloodbath on Halloween night.

The debut novel from award-winning journalist Rob Blackwell, A Soul to Steal balances suspense, horror, action and humor, building to a gripping and unforgettable conclusion. For readers who enjoy Stephen King, Neil Gaiman and Jim Butcher, A Soul to Steal is the perfect autumn novel.

{4 stars}
I genuinely liked this story. I love Fall and all things Halloween, so this was the perfect story to start the season. Blackwell does Halloween legends justice in his debut novel. The story is multi-layered, using Halloween legends mixed with a good old twisted psychopathic thriller.  The clues were there along the way, but I wasn't even close to guessing who the real psychopath was. I love that in a book, I want to keep guessing and turning the pages rushing to the end. I don't scare easily, but I can see where this story might cause a few people to sleep with the lights on. And I am thrilled that this appears to be the first in a trilogy about Kate and Quinn, I can't wait to see what happens to them next.

Kindle book provided by author.

No comments:

Post a Comment