Sunday, March 31, 2013

J. R. Ward--Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood #11)

Paranormal Romance-vampire-m/m

Qhuinn, son of no one, is used to being on his own. Disavowed from his bloodline, shunned by the aristocracy, he has finally found an identity as one of the most brutal fighters in the war against the Lessening Society. But his life is not complete. Even as the prospect of having a family of his own seems to be within reach, he is empty on the inside, his heart given to another....

Blay, after years of unrequited love, has moved on from his feelings for Qhuinn. And it’s about time: The male has found his perfect match in a Chosen female, and they are going to have a young—just as Qhuinn has always wanted for himself. It’s hard to see the new couple together, but building your life around a pipe dream is just a heartbreak waiting to happen. As he’s learned firsthand.

Fate seems to have taken these vampire soldiers in different directions... but as the battle over the race’s throne intensifies, and new players on the scene in Caldwell create mortal danger for the Brotherhood, Qhuinn finally learns the true definition of courage, and two hearts who are meant to be together... finally become one.


{5 stars}
For any true BDB fan, this has been the story we have all waited for. It has been an angst riddled journey waiting for the outcome of Qhuinn and Blay. And this was one of my most anticipated books of the year. I am happy and sad at the same time, happy that Blay and Qhuinn finally got their story. I have loved the both of them through every phase of their journey, and I am so happy with the outcome. But sad that this chapter may be closed. I enjoyed their angst filled journey, but we have to move on.  I want so badly to spill out all the spoilers because I loved this book! I want to turn around and read it all over again. But I will control myself and say that this is THE MUST READ for any true BDB fan. You can't have come this far with this series and stop here. The series is taking another turn with new characters and a new war to fight, and it just keeps getting better and better, I never bore of the Brotherhood. (the BDB are my obsession next to the Darkhunters). And rumor has it we will return to Wrath and Beth with the release of "The King" in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment