Thursday, July 10, 2014

Callie Hart-Fallen (Blood & Roses #4)

Sloane

For over two years, Sloane Romera has pinned everything on finding Alexis. Life was going to get better. Easier. Happier. The nightmare of having a missing sister was supposed to end, and everything was supposed to go back to normal.

However, now that she’s found her sister, Sloane is discovering that life has a way of ridiculing what we expect of it.

Nothing is easier.

And ‘normal’ is falling for a man who might never be able to feel the same way.
***
Zeth

A lengthy history of breaking things with his fists has given Zeth Mayfair a fairly good idea of how to get his own way. But when his goal, the one, single woman on the face of the planet that he’s truly ever wanted, can only be obtained by fixing things instead of destroying them, how can he adjust a lifetime of violence in order to make her his once and for all? And how can he make sure that she is safe?

The first part is going to take time. But the second part…

The second part is easy.

He must kill Charlie Holsan.

{5 stars}

"I've fallen for this reckless, dangerous, terrifying soul, and now that I've realized it, I'm not ready to give it up."

I fall in love with authors. When they draw me in and I become completely submerged in a story, the characters, and the series, you just can't help but fall in love with the person who took you there. Callie Hart is one of those authors, I start reading this series and I forget everything around me, I go from daylight to darkness with only the light from my kindle before I even realize that any time has passed. 

Zeth Mayfair is one of my top 3 book boyfriends. He is harsh, with a dark past, and an even darker mood at times. But you can see the soul beneath all that if you look at just the right time, blink, and you will miss it. Sloane is the only person who can crack that dark shell of his. It has not been a pretty fairytale love story, it more closely resembles a tragedy. But somehow they keep it together, the dynamic between the two is amazing. The push and pull of their developing relationship, and the violent, upending drama that surrounds them is more than most people could even live through. But they can't walk away from each other. And the overall mystery just keeps getting better. What will Charlie do next? How will Lexi impact Zeth and Sloane? We get a lot of answers but just as many questions. Thankfully the author's note at the end keeps my anxiety to a minimum. I can't wait to finish their journey, with the surrounding characters, like Lacey, the whole picture is one you just can't look away from or you may miss something. Not one page or paragraph is a waste of words. If you can't tell, I love this series!




No comments:

Post a Comment