Friday, July 18, 2014

Lili St. Germain-Three Years (Gypsy Brothers #5)

Every day for six years, I used to pray that I would find my way back to the boy I loved.

Until finally, one day, I did.

But that’s the funny thing about life. Nothing good ever lasts, not for me, anyway. You think you’re the one with the power, at least I did, but then I got careless. One tiny mistake, and now I am powerless to stop what comes next.

People think money equals power, but all the money in my bank account, the dirty notes laundered clean that my father left for me, are useless.

Money does not equal power. Power is held by the one with the knife in his hand, tracing shallow cuts into your skin.

Power is held by the one who owns you.

I had power once.

Now, I have nothing.


{5 stars}

Oh Lili, how you torture me.....

The Queen of cliff hangers is at it again, but leading up to that....Oh My God!  Everything changes with this one. 

We left off in book 4 with Juliette/Sammi walking back into Dornan's clutches. Book 5 picks up basically where that one leaves off. But everything has changed. Dornan is far more despicable and evil than anyone can ever imagine. Captivating, jaw-dropping, mind warping things happen to her. How she has survived ANY of this, even from the first violating event in her life, is beyond my comprehension. I would have crumbled long ago, but Juliette/Sammi has a spine of steel. I sat here and power read the whole story after work in 3 hours, not moving from my seat. And I can't wait to read the rest of this journey. This series is unlike any I have ever read. Dark, violent, stunning in it's violence at times, but still captivating. You just keep hoping and hoping that Jase and Juliette will survive this. Crossing your fingers that they will have some kind of HEA. How either of them have lived this long in this world is a miracle. A very important MUST read for lovers of this series. If you haven't started it yet, sit down (with a drink) and power on. Not for the "vanilla" reader for sure. This series is for lovers of edgy stories where love survives despite being kicked in the head over and over again.


**received an advanced copy for honest review. Thank you Lili St. Germain!!!

THREE YEARS (Gypsy Brothers, #5) is LIVE across all major online stores!.

iBooks store link

Amazon US

Amazon UK

Amazon AU

Barnes & Noble


Kobo

Smashwords


Plus other links:

Goodreads

Lili's website



No comments:

Post a Comment