Sunday, October 10, 2021

Karin Slaughter - False Witness (standalone)

False WitnessFalse Witness by Karin Slaughter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have been a fan of Karin Slaughter since the first Grant County series book, and even in to the Will Trent merge. With those series we have a dark mystery. A thriller that you have to put the pieces together to get to the end. I always liked the "chase" to the end.

But, with her standalones, not so much. I have had trouble "clicking" with the stories. I did finish this one, but it was difficult. I skimmed chapters of it. Because honestly, I read to escape life, not be reminded of the pandemic we are living through or the needle by needle lesson in how to be a junkie 101.

We always knew who the bad guys were, and there were more than one. But what this turned out to be was a story of two girls whose lives started out with a spectacularly shitty mother, and then being molested by the same horrible man. One daughter went in one direction, the other (who had the worst of the sexual abuse) went down a very dark road of self destruction. And how they both crashed together in the end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment