Monday, July 18, 2011

J. R. Ward--Crave (Fallen Angels Novel)

Seven deadly sins. Seven souls that must be saved. One more no-holds-barred battle between a fallen angel with a hardened heart and a demon with everything to lose. — Isaac Rothe is a black ops soldier with a dark past and a grim future. The target of an assassin, he finds himself behind bars, his fate in the hands of his gorgeous public defender Grier Childe. His hot attraction to her can only lead to trouble -- and that's before Jim Heron tells him his soul is in danger. Caught up in a wicked game with the demon who shadows Jim, Isaac must decide whether the soldier in him can believe that true love is the ultimate weapon against evil.

{ 3 stars}
Ok, Ok, Ok, I really really tried with this one. But I can only say it was so-so. I love her BDB series, but this one just drags for me. This book did make a lot more sense to me than the first, I understood what was going on. And I really like Isaac and Grier (who thought up that name for a girl?) And I find Adrian and Eddie completely adorable for wayward angels. The whole theory of the series is fascinating. Even Devina is an interesting character for a Demon. But it's too long, it bogs down for me in the inner dialogue and doesn't move fast enough. I actually put this book down several times and read other books. When I picked it back up I skimmed thru alot for the last 100 or so pages, focusing on the final chapters. I don't know if I will try book 3, if its over 400 pages I may have to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment