Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sherrilyn Kenyon--The Guardian (Dream Hunter series)

Paranormal romance-mythology

Dream-Hunter Lydia has been charged with the most sacred and dangerous of missions: To descend into the Nether Realm and find the missing god of dreams before he betrays the secrets that could kill her and her kind. What she never expects is to be taken prisoner by the Realm’s most vicious guardian…

Seth’s time is running out. If he can’t hand over the entrance to Olympus, his own life and those of his people will be forfeit. No matter the torture, Seth hasn’t been able to break the god in his custody. Then there’s the beautiful Dream-Hunter Lydia: She isn’t just guarding the gates of Olympus—she’s holding back one of the world’s darkest powers. If she fails, an ancient curse will haunt the earth once more and no one will be safe. But evil is always seductive...

{5 stars}
I started out thinking this was just a 3 maybe 4 star book, but the more I read, the more I loved it. It's why I love Kenyon so much. I read to escape, and with Kenyon I can fall into the story and forget about everything else around me. The characters become important and you find yourself hoping for the happy ending. Even though you know most likely they will get it, the path the story takes is impossible to skim through. Seth's vulnerability makes him an amazing character. How can someone suffer so much and still care about someone else. Lydia could be annoying at times, but she was the perfect balance to bring Seth back to life. Hell is not always what you think it is, it can be the Hell you live with in your head more than the torture you feel in the physical world. As the story developed, I am reminded of the Kenyon world as a whole, but can't remember Jayden's story. I know we have seen him before. We get a glimpse into the Egyptian Pantheon a little, and I hope we get to see more in the future. But as a whole, I really enjoyed this book, it reminded me of the old Dark Hunter books. Definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment