Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Elisabeth Naughton--Enraptured (Eternal Guardians)

Paranormal Romance--greek mythology

Orpheus may have joined the elite protectors known as Eternal Guardians, but they've never trusted whose side he's really on. And the half-daemon couldn't care less. Orpheus has only one goal: rescue his brother from the Underworld. He's not expecting a woman to get in the way, especially not one sent by Zeus to seduce, entrap, and then ultimately destroy him. A woman who will dredge up a past he doesn't remember, a love that once condemned him, and a dark and deadly secret as old as the Eternal Guardians themselves.

{3.5 stars}
I have mixed feelings about this one. As much as I was looking forward to Orpheus' story, I just didn't "click" with it. I actually put it down twice to read something else before finally finishing it. It's not a bad story, I just had trouble falling in love with it. Maybe it was because Skyla was not a great character for me. The storyline does move along, and I enjoyed that much of it.

Orpheus goes thru a true Greek tragedy to try and free his brother Gryphon. And I look forward to reading more about Malea, maybe she will get her HEA someday. We have a lot of open ended questions about Gryphon and where Atalantia will show up next......

Even though I didn't love this one, I will still keep reading the series, I think the base storyline about the Argonauts is worth it, besides isn't the cover awesome?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment