Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sylvia Day--Bared to You (Crossfire #1)

Erotic Romance

 Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...


{5 stars}

Hooked from the start. This is my first Sylvia Day story, and I really enjoyed her writing style. The dynamic between Gideon and Eva is electric and passionate, like riding a tornado. It sweeps you up and spins you around and I loved every word of it. They both have baggage, lots and lots of baggage, but an attraction that is too intense to ignore or walk away from. Right from the start Eva was all Gideon could see or think about. But his need to control everything keeps him from completely letting Eva in until she runs. No one has ever run from him before, he has always gotten what he wanted. But Eva is not like any woman he has ever known, he wants to give in to her and never let her go all at the same time. Eva is out on her own for the first time, with a new job in a new city. She is ready to live her life on her own terms, by her own rules. But when she lands on her butt in the lobby of the Crossfire building, her world turns upside down. Eva and Gideon take us on an erotic, emotional ride during the beginning of their relationship, and I can't wait to read the next one...

**Some readers will see similarities between Gideon and Christian (Fifty Shades series). And I was reminded of Ana and Christian a few times thru the story. But only in the aspect that Gideon is a young billionaire with control issues and has a couple of exes with the inability to let go bordering on obsession. But give this story a "clean mind" try, I think you will really enjoy it.

ARC kindle copy provided by netgalley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment