Saturday, October 20, 2012

Kristen Ashley--Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick #6)

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Stella’s the lead singer and lead guitarist of the Blue Moon Gypsies and Stella used to be Mace’s girl. Mace broke up with her though and the loss of him rocked her world. But Stella gets a call, late at night (again) from one of the members of her crazy band. She has to go play clean up (again) and runs into Mace (and a shed load of police) and ends up getting shot.

Mace finds he doesn’t like it much that his ex-girlfriend got shot, right in front of him but it’s worse. A very bad man has thrown down the gauntlet and ALL the Rock Chicks are in the firing line. Stella doesn’t want Mace to be the one to keep her alive but she has no choice… mainly because Mace isn’t giving her one.



{4 stars} **spoiler alert**
I have mixed feelings about this one. Stella and Mace are an amazing couple, and their path to each other was a long time coming. But it wasn't easy. What bothered me about this book was that we didn't really get to focus solely on Stella and Mace, we snapped back and forth to all the Rock Chick/Hot Bunch. I really would have loved to have a more lengthy scene when Mace was reunited with his mom. And the epilogue gives away spoilers to the next 2 books,  and makes you feel like this is the end of the series and she is rapping up and telling us how they turn out. So don't read it if you don't want to know, because Hector's story is up next.  But that is my only real issue, I love the Rock Chick series. It is funny, sexy, and a fantasy I really really wish was a reality sometimes. There really just aren't men around like that (and I've looked), but they don't live in my neighborhood. 

Stella conveys her feelings with music, what she can't say, she can sing. And at one point she sang Pearl Jam's "Black" to Mace. I'm including some of the lyrics so you get the point of the emotional intensity of these two. They saved each other from the black and it was incredible.......

All the love gone bad turned my world to black
Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all I'll be... yeah...

Uh huh... uh huh... ooh...

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky,
But why, why, why can't it be, can't it be mine
?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment