Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sylvia Day--Relected in You (Crossfire #2)

Genre: Contemporary Romance-erotic

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction...my every desire....mine..

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broke. We'd never work. It was too hard, too painful...except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest, edge of obsession....

{4 stars}

I was so looking forward to this book after the red-hot first one. Eva and Gideon are an electric couple. You can't help but be mesmerized by their passion. But the first two-thirds of the book they were either fighting or having sex. Lot's and lot's and lot's of sex. Confusing to say the least. Where was this story going? I didn't understand where the plot was, what was happening to them, and watching them fall apart. But, leave it to Sylvia Day to put a spin on it that I didn't quite figure out till the end. I did guess some major clues. But I didn't really see the whole picture until the last few pages. Gideon loves Eva beyond anything sane, she is his whole reason for living at this point, and he will do ANYTHING to protect her. Even when protecting her means hurting her, even if it is just for a short while....

No comments:

Post a Comment