Tuesday, October 22, 2013

WATTPAD - author spotlight

If you read my first post about this website, then you know what its all about. Up and coming authors trying out their stories, working towards being discovered and eventually published. I will "spotlight" certain authors that I think are worthy of attention as I come across them.

http://wattpad.com/rembear45

Spin The Bottle

Rachel and Miles have been best friends since they were ten-years-old.  He's the dangerous, mysterious playboy, while she's the shy, innocent good girl.  An unlikely pair, for sure, these two have never seen each other as anything more than just "friends."

But, one day, Miles convinces Rachel to attend a party in celebration of their senior year of high school.  Will an innocent game of "Spin the Bottle" change their relationship forever?


Thanks for stopping by!  Since you're here, feel free to follow me :) I would love to have this book published one day.  Please support my dream.


Take My Breath Away

My name is Margaret, but most people call me by my nickname, “Mag.” This year has been unbelievably crazy and intense.  I moved to a new town after my brother’s car accident, and I was just trying to survive my senior year of high school – literally. 

I played basketball, and I had to deal with a sociopath for a coach while battling severe asthma.  Hell doesn’t even begin to describe that situation.  But, in the midst of everything I met and fell in love with the school’s most notorious player – Michael Allen.  He was the star of the basketball team.  I quickly learned there was more to him than just good looks and a killer jumpshot, though. 

Our story is nothing short of amazing.  This is THE story, MY story.  It’s rare, it’s real, and it’s going to make you believe in love again.  Find out how we came together in the face of tremendous odds, tragedy, and people who wished to tear us apart.

Enjoy!  You'll laugh, cry, and leave this book feeling inspired.  I promise.  Give it time - it's slow to start, but by the end, you're going to be so glad that you gave it a chance.  It's NOT your typical teen romance - don't let the beginning fool you.

{4 stars}
I have been following both of these stories. They are both YA, which is not usually my favorite genre, but they caught my attention with how different they seem to be from the usual. This author addresses some serious topics, like bullying. Which is not an easy topic to write or live thru. but she does a great job giving us a glimpse into the life of someone being bullied (Take My Breath Away). I commend her bravery in sharing some of this with us. Both stories are "in progress" so we are reading it as she writes. Spin the bottle reminds me of many a high school party that I went to, and Take My Breath Away keeps me hanging on the edge waiting for the next chapter. This author has a lot of promise. I hope you will open your mind, and remember it is a work in progress, an unpolished gem in the making, and give these stories a try. I think you will like them.

To see what I am reading on wattpad. go to: http://wattpad.com/texasreaderstacy

No comments:

Post a Comment