Monday, October 14, 2013

WATTPAD - discovering unpublished writers

About Wattpad

http://www.wattpad.com/about

Great stories bring people together!

Wattpad is the world's largest community for discovering and sharing stories. It's a new form of entertainment connecting readers and writers through storytelling, and best of all, it's entirely free. With thousands of new stories added every day, an incredibly active community of readers, and the ability to read on your computer, phone, or tablet, Wattpad is the only place that offers a truly social, and entirely mobile reading experience.

I had one of my favorite authors turned me on to Wattpad because she posts her "Dear Diary" series there. And what a world I discovered!! There are lots of authors just waiting to be discovered and published. I have come across several stories that have kept me captivated, and I hope that you will fall in love with their stories as well. A lot of them are "fan fiction", but that is how we all discovered E.L. James Fifty Shades series, everyone has to start somewhere right?



After series by imaginator. http://wattpad.com/imaginator1D

After 1: Tessa Young is an 18 year old college student with a simple life, excellent grades, and a sweet boyfriend. She always has things planned out ahead of time, until she meets a rude boy named Harry, with too many tattoos and piercings who shatters her plans.


{ 4 stars}
I started reading the first book, After, at lunch to kill time, but was so captivated by the storyline and characters that I couldn't stop reading. I actually read book 1 and 2 over the weekend. And honestly, I had no idea who Harry Styles was until I googled him, I guess I'm to old...LOL...but I think that made the books better for me cause I was reading them without any expectations.

Harry is damaged and self destructive, Tessa has been sheltered and has never experienced life. Their whirlwind story is full of angst, college parties, yelling, drama, and 'turn you inside out' passion. I won't give any spoilers away, the dynamic between the 2 is amazing. I see parts of myself in both of them, and at times actually cried with them. How she is not published is a shock to me, if a book can pull emotions from me and a commitment to the characters, then it should be in print! The third book is not finished yet, but she updates almost daily, so we can read along as she writes. Go into reading these stories with an open mind, don't be critical. They need a little polishing and some minor editing, but they are great stories, they pulled me in, and the emotional connection is what gets me hooked into any book.



***If you want to check out more stories in my reading list, click the link below***

http://wattpad.com/texasreaderstacy



No comments:

Post a Comment