Sunday, December 8, 2013

Penelope Douglas-Until You (Fall Away #1.5)

Adult Romance 18+

***This novel contains graphic sexual content and harsh language. It is only appropriate for adult readers age 18+.

Have you ever been so angry that hitting things felt good? Or so numb that you actually felt high? The past few years have been like that for me. Traveling between fury and indifference with no stops in between.

Some people hate me for it, while others are scared of me. But none of them can hurt me, because I don't care about anything or anyone.

Except Tatum.

I love her so much that I hate her. We used to be friends, but I found out that I couldn't trust her or anyone else.

So I hurt her. I pushed her away.

But I still need her. The sight of her centers me, and I can pool all of my anger into her. Engaging her, challenging her, bullying her...they are my food, my air, and the last part of me that feels anything human.

But she left. She went to France for a year, and came back a different girl.

Now, when I push, she pushes back.


{5 stars}

It's always a risk to write a story from another POV, but Douglas does a brilliant job of getting us to see it thru Jared's eyes without boring us with reading the "same" story. Emotional, tragic, passionate, a dozen other feelings go thru you when you read it. Jared has experienced some serious trauma, and he didn't process it very well. He turned it on the one person that loved him unconditionally. Bad decisions, and a whole lot of mistakes and regret later, he figures it out before it's almost to late to turn it around. If I didn't already know how it all turned out I would have been on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen to the two of them. What this book did was answer a lot of questions. Like what really happened to him? And all of those scenes where you were asking "what is going on in his head?" A great job expanding this series, I'm seriously addicted.

***  "Old enough to unravel you".....Oh my lord I can't wait to get to Jax's story !













No comments:

Post a Comment