Sunday, June 22, 2014

Harper Sloan-Cooper (Corps Security #4)

Do you take me seriously? Because I don’t. I use my jokes and easygoing personality to hide the pain I’ve felt since he took his last breath. I’m adrift without my partner in crime, my best friend…my brother. I can taste the vengeance just within my grasp.

Until she barges into my life. Promising me happiness and a peace I’ve been craving for years. She is the sun to my darkness, the happy to my despair.

But she holds secrets. Just like I do. She holds hers close, where I just pray mine don’t rock the walls we’re trying to build.

Now I’m stuck at a crossroads between my desire for revenge and my craving for her and the life we could have together—and I have no idea which road I should travel.

All I know with crystal clear certainty is that the past has the power to destroy it all.



{5 stars}

The first half of this story is a strong 4 stars, the plot line is moving along just how you expect. We all know the history with Chelcie and Ash (including Ash's brother Coop). So there aren't a lot of surprises. They have a great courtship in the way that all of the Alpha Corps Security guys do. Possessiveness, stubbornness, and eventually that hot caveman attitude that we all have come to love in these guys. Second half of the book, 5 stars, and full of surprises! Would love to share, but NO SPOILERS HERE. Just suffice to say that this is a great read and an even greater addition to the series. Laughed sometimes, got out the fan sometimes (you know what I mean), and even cried sometimes. So looking forward to Maddox's story. He's is going to be the hardest to fall....

No comments:

Post a Comment