Saturday, October 25, 2014

CM Stunich - Dead Serious (Hard Rock Roots #6)

"You ever see one of those old western movies where the sheriff and the outlaw face each other in a dusty street? Revolvers at the ready? Good versus evil and all. Well, this is kind of like that. Only more f***ed."

Naomi Knox is on her way to becoming the world's most worshipped Rock Goddess.

I'm so in love with this chick that I could be the King to her Queen, the Devil to her Angel.

But a wise soul once told me that your past is your foundation, and if it's crumbling, then you've got nothing left to build on.

I'll fight the f*cking world to see her safe, risk my life just to hear her sing one more time.

And then I'm going to marry her, put Turner babies in her belly, and live happily f*cking ever after. Or at least that's the plan. But you know what they say: the best laid schemes of mice and men …

*****

Turner Campbell is a douche bag.

No, seriously. He's a f*cking train wreck. But a precious train wreck. And I can't help myself: I love the sh*t out of him, even though I hate him. Even though I don't. Don't ask. It's complicated.

But he's also a rock star and now, so am I. The Goddess of Guitar, I guess. All I really want is to make music and see how hard it is to fall in love with a man who's a devil at heart but sings like an angel.

If I'm going to lay my heart on the line again though, I deserve a real chance. I won't be a pawn in this f*cking game any longer.

I don't care how dangerous the stakes are anymore. I'm taking charge of my own destiny, like I should've all along. I won't have the wool pulled over my eyes and I won't bend over for fate. Get ready, b*tches, because Naomi Knox is coming for you.

Mature - Ages 18 and Up. Contains sex, drugs, violence, and rock 'n' roll.


{5 stars}

CM Stunich, I hate you and love you all at the same time. 

If you hate cliff hangers, then I don't know what to tell you. CM Stunich is the Queen of cliff hangers, it hits you like a bag of hammers to the head. You are just zipping along, immersed in the story, feeling the words and energy....and WHAM it's over. With a nice little apology note from her saying to just hold on, all good things come to those who wait. I love it!

"For a second there, she's just a girl and I'm just a boy, and we're together. No secret stories of betrayal and heartache that need to be solved. Just us, It fucking rocks."

Being that this is book 6 in the series, we are all quite familiar with what's been happening. With Dead Serious we get to see the human sides of Turner and Naomi, how the love story beneath the rock n roll life could be if they could just escape from all the madness. The never ending life and death drama that they have all been sucked into and can't quite solve or escape from. Each story just adds another piece to the puzzle. What I love about this series is the layers of the storyline, nothing is what it seems. The puzzle has pieces that are missing or all seem to be the same color so you can't quite get them to fit together. And the way Stunich writes, it's like music. The words flow like the lyrics to a song, sounds crazy huh? But that's how it all flows for me. And I love it so much I keep getting up cliff hanger after cliff hanger wanting more. Start at the beginning if you haven't read this and pay attention, if you blink you will miss the small details that make this rock n roll race to the top all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment