Sunday, December 5, 2010

Shannon K. Butcher--Living Nightmare (The Sentinel Wars)

For nine years, Nika has had one goal: to save her younger sister from the Synestryn who hold her captive. Now the psychic bond Nika forged with her sibling is fading, and time is running out. But the one man who can unlock the power inside her left and never returned, leaving Nika alone to rescue a sister everyone else believes is dead.

Madoc swore to himself that he would never enter Dabyr again. For his soul is nearly dead, and he fears what he might do to those he's sworn to protect -- especially Nika. If he accompanies her into the Synestryn realm, his forbidden desire for her may unleash the savage monster within him. But Nika's need to rescue her sister is soon becomes intertwined with her passion for Madoc, while the a key to victory in the war may be within her reach...


***** (5 stars)
Nika and Madoc's story is one I have waited (impatiently) to read. And I was not disappointed! It is quite a ride and a LOT of questions get answered. This book really pulled all the pieces of this series together for me. I couldn't put it down, page after page kept me glued to it, needing to know what would happen next. So much happens, but I don't want to spoil anything. Some of the team is lost, we find others along the way, and Nika and Madoc finally become the couple that we all new they would be (sorry to spoil that, but you knew it would happen). Their story is sweet, tragic, and full of impossible odds. But I loved every page of it. I am anxious to find out what happens with Torr and Grace, what will happen to Tori, and how will all the new players weave into the series. I am going to pre-order it as soon as amazon.com has it listed!

No comments:

Post a Comment