Saturday, February 11, 2012

Robin P. Waldrop--Ties to the Blood Moon

YA Romance-werewolves/vampires

Genevieve is a teenage girl who moves in with her aunt in Alaska after the death of her mother. Soon after her arrival she learns the things she was raised to believe only existed in fairytales are in fact a big part of her history. When it gets to be too much she seeks refuge in the arms of her new boyfriend, William, only to find out he's not who she thought he was either.

{3 stars}
This book was sent to me by the author for review. And let me start by saying this is a very YA book. Lots of teen angst, teen first loves, teen first kisses, teen language....you get my meaning. So if you aren't in the mood for a YA story, skip this one. I found myself actually intrigued by this one, with a little work, this series could prove to be really good. I enjoyed the Alaska/Eskimo heritage base to the story line, which I think is the best part of this book. It's what makes it a little different from the rest. But the vampire/werewolf love triangle is nothing new. So I can see where other's compare it to Twilight, but only as far as the love triangle between a vampire, a werewolf, and a girl.  Truthfully, I liked this book, I needed a book to distract me this week, and this worked. It's not the best I have ever read, but certainly not the worse, and it kept my attention enough to finish it. I will read the next in this series.

***e-book provided by author for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment