Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pamela Palmer--Ecstacy Untamed (Feral Warriors #6)

Paranormal Romance

They are called Feral Warriors--an elite band of immortals who can change shape at will. Sworn to rid the world of evil, consumed by sorcery and seduction, their wild natures are primed for release . . .

Shattered by recent nightmarish events, Hawke feels his bond with his animal spirit weakening--and once it breaks, he's finished. The arrival of Faith sends his life spinning even further out of control, for although she delights him and enflames his deepest primal passions, she's promised to Maxim, the newest Feral Warrior.

Faith is drawn to Hawke from the start, but Maxim holds her in his thrall and has secretly bent her to his malevolent will. Though gravely damaged, Hawke is the only one who can end Faith's slavery and protect the Feral Warriors from Maxim's evil designs. But first they both must embrace the wild . . . and surrender body and soul to a forbidden, all-consuming ecstasy.


{2 stars}
As much as I hate to post a review with only a 2 star rating. I have read and reviewed the previous 5, so I feel the need to continue on with it. This series has, up until now, kept my attention with fascination. The storyline is very different then anything else out there. They are tied to animal spirits that help them shift into their animal for battle. They are fighting a war against a rogue Mage army set on releasing all the Daemons trapped in hell. Each Feral Warrior in turn has met his true mate and we have furthered the series along. And Hawk and Faith follow the same storyline, but with a lot less passion in my opinion. What I had trouble with this time was the overwhelming corniness of it. Draden? Radiance? Cheesy ceremonies, rituals, and "one liners". This book is 372 pages, and I read probably 250 of them, I skimmed most of it. And even though this book lost it's "sparkle" for me, I am in no way giving up on the series. One bad story will not ruin the whole thing for me, so I will push on to the next one and hope it changes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment