Monday, August 19, 2013

C. M. Stunich--Get Bent (Hard Rock Roots #2)

Adult Romance 18+

Naomi Knox is missing.
I don't even f*cking know whether she's dead or alive.
What I do know is that she's the air I need to breathe.
She's my redemption, an all consuming fire that burns in my blood.
And I'll do anything to find her. Anything. Even if it means the end for me.

& & &

Turner Campbell is searching.
But he has no f*cking clue what it is he's searching for.
There's darkness all around and enough secrets to choke.
There are angels, and there are devils. It's impossible to tell them apart.
Light needs to be shone on the truth, but there's no one left to hold the torch. The line between life and death is blurred, and the players are all thoroughly entrenched in the game. The question is: am I still one of them?



{4 stars}

Ugh!!! I hate cliff hangers! And I really don't know how to convey my feelings about this book. The synopsis won't help you decide, because, quite frankly, it sounds more like song lyrics than a book description. But, my first thought when I finished this one, was that it read like a song lyric. Have you ever had a favorite song, one where the lyrics just touched something deep inside you? The storyline flows like a never ending song, with emotion and angst, and truth. Sounds weird huh? But the "song" is layered on top of a mystery, and the puzzle pieces just get more cryptic as we go. The love/hate, passion filled relationship between Naomi and Turner is like the back n forth in a song. Each one takes turns singing lead. It's weirdly fascinating and magical all at the same time. The story is fast paced and has lots of puzzle pieces to put together to figure out the "who done it" that's behind all the drama. And just when I thought I had the answer.....cliff hanger! I am now thoroughly entrenched in the "song" and can't wait to find out what happens next..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment