Monday, September 2, 2013

Heidi McLaughlin--Forever My Girl (Beaumont #1)

Adult Romance

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after.

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile.

And now I’m going back.

After ten years.  I hope I can explain that after all this time.

I still want her to be my forever girl,,,,,,,


{4 stars}

What a simple love story! It was so nice to read a simple, beautiful, love story. No life or death drama, just the regret of decisions made in the past. What we all wouldn't do if we had a "do over" button, right?

Liam made a mistake, and left the love of his life behind when he decided to change his whole life. Problem was, he should have told her, she might have gone with him. But now 10 years later he is back for his best friends funeral and his world is flipped upside down. How does he fix this when a surprise walks into the restroom? Lucky for us we get to read along while Liam rights the wrongs of his past decision. This was a really great afternoon read, looking forward to reading the rest of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment