Thursday, September 12, 2013

Heidi McLaughlin--My Unexpected Forever (Beaumont #2)

Adult Romance 17+

I expected a life of music.
I expected to raise my son.
It took one look to make everything change.
I never expected happiness.

I never expected to find her.
I never expected to feel desire.
I never expected I’d be a family man.
I never expected to be loved.
I never expected to fall in love.

They say you should expect the unexpected, I didn’t realize my unexpected would be the forever kind.

{3.5 stars}

The synopsis doesn't really do this story justice. We met Harrison and Katelyn in the first book, and the moment he saw her he was captivated. But she had just buried her husband, her high school sweetheart, her first and only love. Harrison has an interesting past, and an even more interesting story behind his son Quinn. He is the drummer in a rock band, not the suburban, lawn mowing, next door neighbor. But he gives up LA life to move to Beaumont to be near Katelyn and to give Quinn a more normal life.

Katelyn was a frustrating character, her wishy-washy behavior towards Harrison was almost enough to have me giving up. But I was really drawn to Harrison, Quinn, and Katelyn's twins Peyton and Elle. They really made the story for me. Loved their interactions and humor. Overall, this could have been a bit "more" in some way. But I really did enjoy it.....hoping there is a book about JD?

No comments:

Post a Comment