Friday, May 30, 2014

Callie Hart-Burn (Blood and Roses #3)

Please be aware that this is a Dark Romance novel and deals with serious themes, including violence and murder.

Sloane

I’m not safe.
I haven’t been safe for a while now.

I ran to Zeth for protection, but Zeth is in danger himself. With Julio on one side, and the leader of the Widow Makers MC on the other, the smartest thing to do would be to run. I’ve been running long enough, though.

This is the closest I’ve come to finding my sister in two years. I can’t back down now.

Zeth

My right hand man’s being tortured in the basement.
The guy who tried to buy Sloane’s virginity is burning rubber in our direction.
My psychotic boss is on a mission to find me, and the girl I’m supposed to be keeping safe has landed herself right in the middle of all of this.

Just another breezy weekend in the Californian desert.

What could possibly go wrong in the next 48 hours?

{5 stars}
Callie Hart is killing me with this cliff hanger, and it's not really your typical cliff hanger. I just desperately need to know what happens next with Zeth and Sloane....

"Zeth is dangerous in a primal, instinctive way. It's just who he is. It's the foundation of everything that makes him him."

We left off in the second book with everyone converging on the brothel in the desert. All kinds of secrets start coming out and we get to know more of Zeth's history. We get to see Zeth's walls crack just a little bit towards Sloane. He's letting her in, he may not want to, but she's there. She fights with him, and doesn't ask the usual things women ask of him. That's appealing and scary for him all at the same time. I just love this series! Zeth is so Alpha, he's scary and sexy all rolled up in one bad ass character. And Sloane is just as strong a character to stand up to him when needed and woman enough to bend to his will when it suits her. Great Chemistry. Can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment