Friday, May 23, 2014

J.C. Emery-Rev (Bayonet Scars #3)

Adult Romance-18+-biker

Everyone belongs somewhere. Even the misfits.

With the looming threat from the Mancuso Crime Family, the Forsaken Motorcycle Club is preparing for a war that could destroy them. Grady, the club’s Sergeant-at-Arms, knows that love makes you weak, and he has zero interest in adding to his liabilities– especially now. He’s already got his teenage daughter who keeps him on his toes and a beef within the club that could fracture his relationship with a fellow brother for good.

For Holly Mercer, her life is finally getting on track and the last thing she wants is trouble from her hometown’s resident outlaws. Keeping her nose clean is easier said than done, when suddenly she finds herself embroiled in club business. Holly might like the idea of being with a real-life bad boy, but even being in the same room with tough-as-nails Grady flusters her.

When Holly inadvertently finds herself on Mancuso’s radar, she has two choices: trust that Grady will protect her, or continue to refuse the club’s help. Both roads are dangerous, but only one has the chance to damage her beyond repair.

Love is never more dangerous than when it can destroy you.

{3 stars}

**spoiler alert**

Let me start by saying that I love JC Emery and this series. BUT, I have some issues with this one. I feel like I was just dragged down a road full of pot holes and speed bumps. I really like Grady and Holly, they are great characters. But the storyline has issues, we skid ahead at times that seemed too fast. They are arguing over payoff money one minute, then they are saying I love you and she's asking him to marry her in the next. Did I miss a few chapters along the way? POTHOLE. And I hate to mention this (and I'm not bashing the author), but the proofreading errors was like hitting a speedbump at 60mph. Ouch! Plus they switch from real names to club names frequently, which confused me with some of the peripheral characters. All that being said, I did finish the book. I understood the basic storyline, the Mancuso's are back for more drama and the Jennings family is still seeking revenge against Duke for that assault. And frankly I could have really done without reading that revenge scene against Holly and Mindy. With all of these issues, I would have put it down and walked away if it was the first book in the series. But I am invested, and hooked into the Forsaken MC. Still a great series, just not the best effort.










No comments:

Post a Comment