Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Callie Hart-Twisted (Blood and Roses #5)

Sloane

How many times can a person fall down and still get back up? How many times can things go wrong before you just give up?

I’ve lost everything. My home, my job, my purpose in life—everything has been turned upside down. But while life hasn’t exactly turned out the way I would have liked it to, I wouldn’t change a thing. If things were different, I wouldn’t have Lacey. I wouldn’t have Michael.

But most importantly, I wouldn’t have him.

I’ve realized what I feel. He knew it before I did. Only one question remains:

Is he capable of feeling the same way?

Zeth

Secrets are a prison, and I have been behind bars for years. Sloane Romera has been turning keys in all of my locks, throwing light on corners of my mind that I thought would forever be shrouded in darkness. Or at least I had hoped would be.

I have done so many wrongs in this life, and yet this woman has forgiven me. She’s done something I never thought possible—she has learned to understand me, and she hasn’t run. She’s amazed me. She’s saved me. She’s fallen in love with me.

If it’s within my power, I’m about to do the same for her.


{5 stars}
Oh Zeth....

This series just keeps getting better and better. It is definitely not a hearts and flowers kind of story. Zeth has lots of baggage, drama, life-and-death situations, some OCD qualities, and a few "friends" that are just a little scary at times. But some of his friends are so loyal they would take a bullet for him, so that says alot about the kind of man he really is. He didn't grow up in any normal kind of way, so his way is all he knows. And Sloane just might topple the carefully constructed life he has going. Book by book the walls he has built around himself start crumbling. Sloane is taking a hammer to it all, and she isn't going to give up until she gets what she wants.....HIM. She has literally given up her whole life at this point to be with him, to be "in love" with him. So here we are, on pins and needles waiting to see how Zeth will react. What will he do when he realizes she is in love with him? Does he love her? Those are just a few questions we have been waiting for answers to. Add into that Lacey, does he know she is his sister? Everything seems to be on some kind of collision course, and I'm anxious and in a hurry to find out how their ending will play out. A lot of questions get answered in this one, but in true Callie Hart fashion, she has left us on the edge waiting for what happens next. And if you are already a fanatic of this series, like me, I don't have to update you on all the ongoing Charlie drama. He is still trying to get to Zeth, and the backlash from the compound is coming back around to cause more complications. But that is just what makes it all thrilling, it's not why we read this series. We read it for Zeth and Sloane. And let's face it, Zeth is one HOT character that we all spend time drooling over. Callie Hart writes the most amazing scenes between Sloan and Zeth, which keeps us coming back book after book. Can't wait to see how she is going to wrap this all up!!

**ARC provided by author for hones review.

No comments:

Post a Comment